Sunday, February 3, 2008

Return to the Blog

I know, I know, I have not updated this blog for quite a bit of time. It is difficult for my students to reach the blog, for the vast majority of my students lack internet access at home. For them to check it in school involves a somewhat time-consuming process of directing to the link on my class web page. Of course, whatever I write for them on the blog I can relate to them in class in less time.
Therefore, I should write this blog with a different audience in mind. Hello Global Learners! I do feel I have been neglecting some aspects of the project. I have been actively using technology in the room. We use the Smartboard daily, with both pre-made lessons and spur-of-the-moment work. We have also done many Clickers assessments and are working on student films. Technology is part of my classroom, though I may not be documenting it too well. I do feel like when CSAP testing winds down we'll have more time to do some technology-related projects. The tests are only a month away!

1 comment:

Jeff Lewis said...

Welcome Back!

The CSAP test is breathing down our necks isn't it!! We are dealing with the same in the fourth grade.

I set up a blog specifically for my class. They know how to get there because I have all of the sign in information on a white board on the side of my room. Also, you could save it as an icon on the desktop. Then they just need to know their sign in info. Very few (3) of my kids check the blog at home. Lots of times we will check it together in the front of class for just 10 minutes at the end of the day. What comments do we have, how does the hit map look etc.